Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Joy for Joi, Week 16

"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days."  -- Psalm 90:14

I've been thinking about this verse a lot this week; I love this key to unlocking joy, completely beyond our circumstances.  His love never fails, and He wants to satisfy us each day!

Here are some of the ways I've seen His unfailing love through blessings this week:

+  Awakening to Miles each morning saying "Good morning, Mom!"  Occasionally he varies the greeting, though.  One morning it was, "Your nose is big!" and another it was, "Your hair looks weird."  His voice is still a wonderful alarm clock  (especially after 7:45 am).

+ Reading passages about Heaven with the kids and seeing their excitement grow.  Streets made out of clear glass!  No sun or moon necessary!  No more pains (yes, no more shots, Miles and Colsen!)!

+ Pete continuing to pursue me even when I'm a pain, disrespectful, belligerent, and/or annoying.

+ Pete bringing me this song this morning.  I had forgotten all about how much I love that song!

+ Having fun with Flat Stanley.  He came to visit us a couple times this Spring.  :)

+ Experiencing art and recreation with Moldovans

+ Watching the boys all watch videos about Navy SEAL training.  I love seeing them get all excited about being brave and strong someday.

+ Getting to lie out in the grass in the yard, reading books to the kids.  I love my job!

and

+ Our little "song of the Lord" always expressing herself, whether in clothes, words, notes, drawings, or songs.  I loved the outfit she chose this day, even if it was a little sweaty on an 80-degree day.  :)  Here she is doing a little dance:



No comments:

Post a Comment