Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

One month

I realized today that we have been here for over a month now.  A long time ago, when we were first planning this trip, certain members of my family voiced their beliefs that there was "no way" I would actually go through it.  (My non-adventurousness and need-for-control-ishness are clearly evident to all who know me well -- not to mention the facts that I dislike flying immensely, and any kind of traveling with kids is not my idea of fun normally.)  In fact, if memory serves me well, there was actually a wager made by some family members over whether or not we would actually make it here, and the stakes were a meal at the Capital Grille!

Well, we came (despite my longer list of "cons"... Pete's list won out) and we've lasted a month -- the coldest month ever, by the way.  (Ok, I don't know if it's really the coldest month ever here, but Nadia, a Moldovan woman, told me this week that she read that the Black Sea has actually frozen, and that has never happened in her lifetime, so it's pretty dang cold.) 

So I think someone owes someone a Capital Grille dinner!  And all too sadly, I am not one of the ones involved in the wager.  Too bad... I could go for some nice steak right about now -- one that I don't have to buy in the open air market.

No comments:

Post a Comment