Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2018

Ok, maybe not the smartest

Miles was practicing his presentation for the upcoming first day of Classical Conversations, in which he was supposed to talk about himself.

When he got to the part where he was mentioning the various members of his family he talked about his siblings, and then just said, "And I have a mom and a dad."

I suggested, "Why don't you say, 'And I have the prettiest, coolest, smartest mom in the world?'"

"Um, no," he answered.  "I can't say that."

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because you're very smart, but you're not THE smartest person ever.  Like, Einstein was smarter.  If you were smarter than HIM, you would be famous."

"Are you sure?" I pressed.  "Maybe I'm just keeping my smartness a secret."

Miles answered, "I don't think so, Mom.  But you are very smart."

Such a nice son I have.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment