Pages

Monday, January 6, 2020

Restaurant Experience #2

One of the very best things about moving back to our college town is the fact that a couple of our college friends are here!

When we made plans to go out for our first dinner together, it was a no-brainer to go back to one of our favorite places from the college years... Rachel's Roadhouse.

I know they say you can't go back in time, but it sure felt like it that night.  The restaurant does not appear to have changed AT ALL.... I even ordered the same salad I remember ordering 25 years ago.

Pete and I got there a little early and as we were sitting and waiting for our table a man came up and told us he had graduated with us from GCC!  When he told us his name we remembered him and we ended up going over to join his family at their table.  His wife also graduated with us, so we had fun talking about all our mutual friends.

Then Brian and Jodi arrived and I think we laughed almost constantly for the rest of the night.  I know we all look a little different, but we sure feel like we did back in the day.

Collectively, I'd say Brian and Pete have the same amount of hair that they did in college... it's just relocated somewhat.  :)

I ended up accidentally leaving my sweater there so since I had to go back and get it the next day, I took the opportunity to take the boys with me so they could try Rachel's famous pretzels and hot fudge.  They declared that to be the very BEST food they have EVER eaten.

Then Colsen left his coat there, so we had to go back the next day, too.

Just kidding -- he remembered it before we'd left the parking lot.  Darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment