Pages

Monday, May 11, 2020

Quarantine Miscellany

Quarantine day 41-ish:  Our kids have started using our 2 laptops to video call each other from different rooms.  Then in the middle of a call one of them says “Have a nice day!” and hangs up on the other.  Then they do it all over again. Super fun.

**

Quarantine day 43-ish:  Found this.
Not sure why my laundry is being suspended on a fishing pole...

**

Me:  I think it would be good this summer if you guys became an expert at something, if you really studied something that would be helpful to your life.  Maybe something like a new skill or studying a subject in depth.
Cole:  Ok, I’m going to work on something that is REALLY important for my future jobs and job interviews.  What is the most important thing?  Social skills.  So I’m going to work on being social this summer and hanging out with friends as much as possible.

**

Colsen just offered to clean a dish that I had unbelievably burned (long story), saying he could try to scrub off the residue with various substances and it would be a “science experiment” for him. 
My homeschooling work here is finished.

**

I came upstairs and heard voices coming out of Jinna's room, but when I went in, it was just her.  I asked her who she was talking to and she answered, "I'm just being pen pals with myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment