Pages

Monday, December 28, 2020

2020 Language Changes

 This year has been funny in many, many ways, but one of the most fascinating to me is how quickly we have adapted to new language patterns.

For example, "distancing" is now a verb we use daily.  I don't think I ever used that as a word before this year.

We now also says, "Shhhh.... she's on a class," when Rayna is online for school in the other room.  ON a class?  We also says Pete is ON a meeting regularly.  These are whole new prepositional phrases for us.

My regular mom-speak has also had to make an adjustment.  Every time we're walking out the door in addition to the traditional "Did you go to the bathroom?" and "Do you have your shoes and coat?" questions, I now need to add, "Do you have a mask?" to the lineup.

Fascinating stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment