Pages

Monday, December 27, 2021

Christmas Morning

 No snowy Christmas this year... but it was apparently fantastic running weather, because Pete, Colsen, and Miles all got some significant miles in before the rest of us were fully stirring. (Colsen went 7 miles!)  I was awakened when Miles got back because he started a very loud game of basketball in the living room, thanks to a gift he had received from Strider the night before.

Grandpa and Gee-Gee stayed in the Graesers' house across the street (while they are in Florida), so once they made their way over to our place and we dragged Strider up from his dungeon of sleep, we were happy to gather for some gift-opening and brunch.  

Among the highlights this year were:  a new suit (gift certificate) for Strider, a PHONE for Rayna, a bunch of soccer balls and mesh bag, and a Garmin, for Coach Colsen, a guitar for Miles, and a bunch of crafts and kits for Jinna.

Brunch included the traditional cinnamon rolls (Pioneer Woman's recipe -- Colsen says I should never use any other recipe again), fruit, and egg casserole.

I'm writing down all these ordinary details because my mom reminded me that I will soon forget and all Christmases will be a blur.  I don't want this one to be a blur because it really was so lovely!  I loved the relaxed pace and time to enjoy things each day.  We had time to read "Hidden Christmas" by Tim Keller and the Bartholomew book by Arnold Ytreeide, which are some of favorite parts of Advent.  It was a blessing, too, to have Bud and Jane with us again this year.  We know this won't last forever.

I'm also savoring time with all 5 of my kids under one roof.... I know this stage of life, when all of them call this house their home, will soon come to an end and we'll enter a new phase.  For now, I'm enjoying this one.















No comments:

Post a Comment