Pages

Monday, April 18, 2022

Holy Week

 Holy Week at Grace Anglican is an intense experience.  We only attended a small fraction of the services offered, but they were impactful enough for us to appreciate the events of that Big Week in greater ways than we have before.

First there was Palm Sunday with the masses gathered in the church basement ready to process in with the palms.  Church is getting very crowded these days!

 


Then we did the Walk of the Cross on Friday morning and the Good Friday service that evening:




The big finale, Easter Sunday, was a culmination of joy with everyone ringing bells throughout the service (every time the word "alleluia" was sung or said).  We packed in every corner of that room -- even in the aisles, doorways and hallways -- and it was wonderful to be able to celebrate with everyone.  I kept getting teary as I reflected on how beautiful it was to have our whole family together and to be with so many friends, and then I would catch myself and remind myself that that wasn't the reason to celebrate.  But then I decided that Jesus rose so that we could be redeemed and given abundant life, and part of what makes a life abundant is sharing it with community.  So the reasons to rejoice are all intertwined, I think.



No comments:

Post a Comment