Pages

Friday, July 29, 2022

Day in a life in a small town

This morning I took Jinna 1.5 miles to her art camp, where I also dropped off some sourdough for a friend and bought 2 dozen eggs from another woman.  Later another friend dropped off 2 dozen homemade bagels I had ordered from her.  Meanwhile, Pete walked to work, Colsen biked to cross-country practice and Miles walked the 3 blocks to get his hair cut.  Then I walked to town with Miles so we could go to his orthodontist appointment.  Afterwards, we stopped in a couple of the stores, including the coffee shop where they know our names. 

This afternoon when I went to Aldi I ran into a friend and chatted with another woman about how to pick a good watermelon.  Then I stopped by the farmer’s market at the park where the friendly microgreens grower greeted me by name, and I spotted a few more friends.  I thought I might run into Colsen, who was at the park playing disc golf, but he was on the back 9.  The kids spent most of the afternoon outside playing with neighbors.

  

This evening we played some tennis on the courts across the street and enjoyed a stroll through town and the beautiful campus. 

Some days I like living in Grove City, and some days I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment