Pages

Monday, November 19, 2007

Better Days

Thankfully, the weekend here ended up much better than it started. "Mommy" is happy again... ergo, everyone else is, too.

My parents had mercy on us and came over Saturday afternoon so Poppa could watch the Ohio State football game with Strider (who was talking non-stop about the game from Thursday until Sunday afternoon -- when he could finally switch over to his other topic of conversation: the NFL). The game went quite well, thankfully, and while Mom channeled Mor-Mor and ironed a bunch of Pete's shirts, I made a couple batches of cookies. All in all, a good fall afternoon. (Speaking of cookies... I was just making some more this afternoon -- to take on our trip -- and ran out of eggs. I called Rayna down to tell her I had a special errand for her: to run over to our neighbor's to get an egg. Her whole face lit up and she was so excited.... until she told me what she was thinking and I had to tell her no, it was not a baby chick she was getting! Just an egg.)

Now we are busily preparing to leave tomorrow for our big trip up to Pennsylvania to see Pete's family. We'll be staying at "camp" -- Ligonier Camp, which is where Pete, his sister, her husband and I all worked at various times. All 22 members of the Frank family will be staying in bunk rooms and enjoying the camp facilities.... hopefully it really won't be as cold and rainy as they're projecting it will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment