Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Happy Birthday Indeed

So I've come to the conclusion that my birthday should be celebrated much more often -- definitely several times a year. It is just too fun to happen only once a year. Peter is really amazing when he prepares for my birthday... for days ahead of time he is shopping and planning and trying to keep the kids from telling all the "secrets." Then he seems to really enjoy taking over for the day, making a special dinner, giving me thoughtful gifts. I think he's truly in his element, as they say, when he celebrates his wife's birthday. And I am definitely in my element when everyone is being all nice to me all day, cooking for me, and giving me gifts! Even the kids get ramped up when they have secret presents to give me and a cake that they've planned out...

So it's really a win-win for all of us for my birthday to happen more often, right? I'm working on adding dates for my birthday to be celebrated in the future.... if anyone wants a copy of the new list, please just let me know. :)

(And thank you, everyone, for all the nice birthday wishes, cards, etc. I felt very, very blessed. And I had a great time at Thai Taste with the various Wray folks who could come, and having Mom and Dad over for dinner -- and John and Keiko over for some play time, and Wendy over for a visit.... Truly blessed.)









No comments:

Post a Comment