Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

"Surprise!"

Pete's parents, Bud and Jane, celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary on February 10th this year. So to surprise them, we had a big party for them 6 months (exactly) later in Rochester, NY -- the town they lived in for many years. It ended up being a really great afternoon -- I think they were truly surprised and the party was fun. The most amazing part was seeing how many friends of theirs came, many of whom Bud and Jane hadn't even seen for a long time. My in-laws are great examples to me in their capacity for friendships. People love them!


As part of the "program" for the party, the grandkids reprised a song they worked on last year, called "If I weren't a Grandkid." I'll put a short clip of it below.... Since you probably won't understand most of the words, the basic idea is that each verse is about something Bud or Jane like to do (volunteer, ski, drive the tractor, etc).















No comments:

Post a Comment