Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

A visit to the 'ol "hometown"



One of the memorable stops for me on our big trip was the partial-day we spent in the town I grew up in, Spencerport. I couldn't believe it had been almost 8 years since I had been back for a visit -- way too long. So it was wonderful to go around and see everything that had changed -- or stayed the same. We also loved going to my old church -- everyone there seemed the same! Definitely felt like coming "home." I took a bunch of pictures that I will post below for the viewing pleasure of my family who may enjoy seeing some of the developments...














And we also spent the night in Buffalo, visiting some very good Spencerport friends who have relocated there. It was soooo nice to see Melanie, one of my favoritest people ever, and to visit her home and her office at UB, and we also enjoyed an all-too-brief visit with Mark and Rebecca Lenz and their adorable kids. Seeing these old friends always makes me miss them more.... and always makes so grateful for the decades-long friendships we've kept.

No comments:

Post a Comment