Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

One of my favorite days of the year






The fact that my birthday fell on a Sunday this year was a gift: usually on Sundays I feel like I just want a break from being a mom.... and this particular Sunday I got just that! Pete and the kids let me rest and play games all afternoon, and I had my favorite dinner ever (pizza, salad and ice cream cake) without having to lift a finger. They all were very sweet to me... Pete even tried to get all the kids to tell me something that they loved that I did this year, but we didn't get very far before Colsen chose that opportunity (dinner time) to assert his stubborn 2-year-old-ness and he ended up sucking the life out of it all quickly.... but still I did feel very blessed. It was nice to hear from various family members throughout the day as well -- and from a bunch of facebook friends (gotta love fb!).


The morning was very good, too... At church Strider and Rayna had their singing debut as part of the children's Christmas choir this year. It was so fun to see all the kids up on stage doing random funny things.





So, this evening I'm thankful... though sorry it all will be over in a couple hours. Fortunately, there will probably be some other exciting things going on this week, too....

No comments:

Post a Comment