Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

Parties last week



As it turned out, last week was a lot of fun, full of gatherings and celebrations. Since I know that our social engagements are going to come to a grinding halt for awhile, probably in the next few weeks, I am soaking up as much time with other people as possible right now!



On Tuesday, some women from church very graciously had a little shower for me, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Some of the girls had planned a few fun games which kept it lively, and I was very thankful for the time of prayer/blessings -- as well as all the diapers, wipes, and other gifts! One very cool gift was a whole theme about "almonds" because they knew that's how I felt about this baby (see here).

Then on Saturday we celebrated Kai's birthday!


And in between, we've had a few fun evenings with friends... one couple came over and taught us how to play "Dutch Blitz", and another night we had a rousing game of 3-13 with a few Wingate students (current and former). And, to cap it all off, I was able to spend several hours on Saturday with a couple very good girlfriends who I don't see often enough (partly because one lives a few hours away). We ate lunch for 3 hours, walked for about a half-hour, and then went and had dinner!


Pretty soon my parties are going to be more of the "one-on-one at 3 am" variety, so for now I'm loving all these opportunities with other adults, families, etc. If anyone else wants to get together in the next week or 2, give me a call! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment