Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Images that makes me smile

1.) Pennies in an offering basket

I actually don't have a picture of this -- other than in my mind. Last week in church as I watched a child put some coins in the offering basket as it came by, I thought about the image of pennies in an offering plate. I love this. I know the people who count the money at the end of church might not think it's all that great to find pennies in there, but I would figure there's probably only 2 ways to end up with pennies in the offering: either someone is so young that the pennies have great worth to them, or someone is so poor that the pennies have great worth to them. Either way, if they end up in the offering plate, they represent generosity and faithfulness. I love seeing parents teach children that even what little the kids have can be given back to God.


2.) This one:


Over the years I've gotten rid of (or stashed away so deep I have no idea where they are now) most of the trophies I received when I was younger. But this one I kept because I felt like it represented the culmination of a lot of my work, and even identity at some level -- my valedictorian award. And now I find it like this.... I can only begin to conceive of how many things it's been in my children's imaginations and pretending. It gets dragged around and beat upon... And I guess that's pretty ok. The trophy and what it represents are really not as important as I once thought they were!


3.) And this one: http://yugop.com/ver3/stuff/03/fla.html

A moving image I guess. It kind of makes me laugh to think that this is someone's job all day long!
(just kidding -- but don't tell my kids!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm very impressed (but not at all surprised) that you were valedictorian. :-)

    Love the clock!

    ReplyDelete