Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

More recent quotes

Cole: Is Disney World where we go when we die??
(Maybe we're building our upcoming trip up a little too much...)

***
Me: You saw little baby Addie, Rayna? How was she?
Rayna: She was sturdy and well-built.
(Apparently borrowing a line the Virginia Lee Burton book, "The Little House.")
***
Strider: Don't you think we should build something together at Lowe's?
(Evidence that clearly he is watching far too many commercials in between football games)

***
Pete: Rayna is like our little Zorro.
(After opening his checkbook to find "Rayna" scrawled across one of the pages. We can always tell where she's been!)

***
Rayna: I love you, Mom.
Me: I love you, too.
Rayna: I love you SO much.
Me: That's nice, Sweetie.
Rayna: That's GREAT, Mom!
Me: Yeah, it is.
Rayna: It's REALLY great!

And, then as she walks upstairs, "It's a beautiful day! And I'm going to get dressed."

(It was actually a rather gray and dismal morning weather-wise, but with Rayna's outlook, I think every day really IS beautiful!)

***
And, finally,

Colsen: Hey, Mom, can I play with stickers?
And when I looked up to answer him, this is what I saw:

4 comments:

  1. I love happy Rayna! :-)

    Love the picture of Colson with all of the stickers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! i always love quotes from the franklets! thanks for today's chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. made my day -- as always!! especially love the sticker question! Well -- the disney world one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "sturdy and well-built" is my favorite description of a baby ever. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete