Pages

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Overheard #happiness

Last night as I was walking past the boys’ bathroom while they were taking a shower, I heard this conversation:

M: Colsen, when was the moment when you were the happiest?

C: I don’t know.  Maybe when we got the dirt bike.

M: Or what about when you got waders?

C: Yeah, that was, too.  And when I got my new yo-yo… and my fishing____ (couldn’t hear all of this)

M: Well when do you think you’re GOING to be the happiest in your life?

C: I don’t know!  We don’t know what’s going to happen.  I might not even live very long.

M: I know. But I know something that’s going to definitely happen no matter what…

C: Oh yeah!!!  HEAVEN!  I can’t believe I forgot about that! That will definitely be the happiest.
M:  Are you sure?

C: Yeah, as long as I’m going to Heaven.  I THINK I am.  No, I know I am. I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and He has forgiven my sins, so I’m going to Heaven.

{At this point they come out of the bathroom, having finished their showers, completely dripping because they never remember to take towels in with them.  They see me standing there.}

C: Mom, when was the moment when you were the happiest?


Me:  Right now.

1 comment: