Pages

Monday, May 14, 2018

Golden Birthday!

Jinna Rai has been counting down the days to her birthday since January, and at last May 9th finally arrived!  To make it even more exciting, she was turning 9 on the 9th, so it was her Golden Birthday!

We celebrated with a Frank Family Tradition -- taking the birthday girl to Build-A-Bear to make a new stuffed friend.  Cousin Elise was able to join us and the girls had a lot of fun figuring out the whole process!







After a fun afternoon at the park, we had a family dinner (with special guest Sidney, Strider's girlfriend), and then the specially requested chocolate cake with chocolate frosting that Jinna loves.


(Incidentally, as Colsen was eating the cake he told me it was quite good.  Then he said, "When I grow up, I'm going to have Colsen's Bakery.  And when "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" show comes, I'm going to give them cake and when they say, 'Where did you get the recipe for this frosting???' I'm going to say, 'It was my mom's growin' up."   That guy, always planning for the future!)


She had a wonderful day and is so excited to be 9!  I love how much she understands now and how grateful she is for everything!


No comments:

Post a Comment