Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2019

PA words

In an effort to encourage the kids that our plans to move to Grove City is a good thing, Pete and I were telling them some of the things we liked about the area.  We started talking about "Rachel's," a restaurant near campus that we like and I told the boys that one of the best things about places like that is that they offer salads with fries on top!

 (This is the perfect solution for me, since I always want fries but would rather have a salad than a sandwich so I can never decide which to get in regular restaurants.)

A few days later I heard the boys giggling and they told me they were practicing their "Pennsylvania talk."  They kept saying things like, "Ah, yinz just like fries 'n' salad!" or "They go together fries on a salad."  

The funny thing was they were saying all these phrases in their exaggerated Southern accents.  This move is going to be interesting!




No comments:

Post a Comment