Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2019

Christmas Day

What an unusual Christmas this was.  Not only were we not "home" as we opened gifts in the morning, but I also spent most of the day in burst of tears as I kept thinking about how we were about to leave our extended family -- and Strider -- the next day.

Of course there was plenty of JOY, too.... the kids loved their gifts.  I think all 5 were surprised and happy.

 









When we got to my parents' house the JOY just multiplied as even more gifts were distributed and opened...






I think Mom and Dad were happy with their gas firepit from the group:



The kids enjoyed flying a drone out on the golf course for quite awhile, and then we had a fantastic lasagne dinner Mom had prepared for all 31 of us.  (How??)



Then it was time for blessings... and the family all prayed for us.... and I sobbed and sobbed.



We have loved, loved, loved being close to the family over all the years.... It won't be the same when we're far away.  So thankful for all the love in this group!


No comments:

Post a Comment