Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2020

Freedom!

Grove City College has long embraced the value of freedom, but I had no idea that just living in proximity to the campus we would experience a whole new level of freedom as a family!

Everything is so walk-able that it means the kids can go off to their own activities on their own - which they love, and so do I!  Pretty much every day they're out running an errand, going to the library, getting a haircut, going for a run or a walk, or even getting something for me at Rite-Aid.

 They can go to the Y on their own, and back and forth from the classical school. They can run up to Pete's office anytime they need something (or anytime he needs something.... Last week he called because he forgot salad dressing for his lunch so Milo ran it up to him.)  They'll even be able to walk to their own orthodontist appointments in the future (love that!).

Tonight the boys went off to meet a friend at the movie theater.  I love that they can have these adventures on their own!

The rest of the town is so close, too, that even if I have to drive somewhere I never have to plan the half-hour in drive-time that I used to have to schedule in before and after activities in NC.  Errands are no longer an ordeal, but super simple.  Which means more freedom for me!

So far small town living is just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment