Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Heaven? No, Grove City.


Yesterday we had an appointment with a new doctor in Pittsburgh.  At one point he asked us where we were from and when I said Grove City, he went on a long tangent about how wonderful Grove City College is – beginning with how it is more beautiful than ANY other campus he had ever been on, including Harvard and Yale.  But on top of that, he said, the people there are all just so KIND to each other.  He has a few former patients who have attended the college so he has come up to see their orchestra performances, etc., and he was amazed at the whole culture on campus.  He said it was so completely unlike any other student body that he had ever experienced.  I laughed when he said, “I asked myself, ‘Is this Heaven?  No, it’s Grove City!’”

After this long speech he asked me if we are familiar with the college.  I told him that we sure are.


No, it’s definitely not Heaven, but we’re enjoying being near and a part of this very special – and beautiful - place.



(Photos taken yesterday) 

No comments:

Post a Comment