Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2021

From the mouth of J-Rai

One of her school assignments this week is based on the Statue of Liberty and the beacon of hope that it was to the immigrants coming in the early 1900's.  She is supposed to write a paper about 2 of her own personal hopes and dreams for the future.

When I asked her what her 2 dreams are, she said:  1.) To be an author when she grows up, and 2.) To go to McDonald's.

I'm not sure if I'm extremely winning or extremely losing in this parenting game.

A couple hours later she had the hiccups and as she walked by I heard her mutter, "These damn hiccups."

So, maybe the answer to my above question is "losing."


(I honestly don't know where's heard that word but we had to have an impromptu lesson in swearing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment