Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Epic Scavenger Hunt

 The Wray family knows me well.

To celebrate my upcoming 50th birthday they picked the very best activity I could imagine.... a big family-wide scavenger hunt!  They created a big race through uptown Charlotte, divided the fam into 6 teams, each with a different color bandana!, and sent us out to find clues.

What was supposed to take about 90 minutes and go about 1.5 miles around the city actually lasted more like 2.5 hours and we ran about 4 miles.... but who's counting.

Some funny little blips -- like having a homeless person steal some clues and the World Cup-viewing throng blocking an alley we needed to go down -- just added to the adventure of it all.







Despite Poppa repeatedly saying, "I thought this was supposed to be a nice WALKING activity!" most of us ran most of the way, and ended up quite sweaty at the end.  I was worried Jinna would have a hard time keeping up, but in the end it was her team that WON!

We had a great time and I can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon.  (The weather was perfect, too!)


No comments:

Post a Comment