Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2022

Recent remarks

 My little bear cubs have grown up, but their conversations are still just as entertaining.

At a restaurant together last week, the boys were talking about their respective sports training programs.  Colsen was waxing on about his regimen and daily strains for improvement. The conversation came around to Miles and I asked him why he wasn't out training for soccer more often.

Miles leaned back and said, "I'm content with my soccer skills."

Colsen immediately and energetically retorted, "Contentment is the thief of excellence!"

I wasn't quite sure how to respond to that.

*****

This afternoon I was giving the boys a written quiz on the first 10 chapters of the book of Acts.  One of the questions asked for the name of a particular woman and both of the boys were struggling to come up with her exact name.

I told them I would give the points to whomever had the most correct letters of her name.  Miles suddenly lit up with a smile and started writing.

"No, Miles!" Colsen yelled. "You can't just write down the whole alphabet."

Miles kept chuckling and Colsen said, "I can't believe I know you so well that I knew that's exactly what you would do."  He was right.


No comments:

Post a Comment