Pages

Friday, April 11, 2008

Play time

Yesterday Ellie and Ava came over to play for awhile and all the cousins had a lot of fun playing. After lunch, I gave them an assignment: to go upstairs and put on whatever kind of "costume" they wanted to. They came downstairs looking like this: (Right after I took this picture, Colsen came running up to me, brought me the camera, and went to sit in this same spot, saying "Cheeeese!" So here's his picture too. He looks a little distressed, but honestly it was all his idea!)

Then I told the (older) kids to put together a story, rehearse it, and then act it out for me. Here is the result (the storyline is that a princess is sad because she's so hungry, and then Super-Spider comes to rescue her and take her to a cafeteria for some food):

[video]
Note the uninvited actor inserting himself into the story at the end!

Speaking of this little guy, Colsen's favorite play time activity these days still revolves around "TRASH!" I'm not very sure why he's so fascinated by all things trash-can-related -- and I'm slightly concerned -- but that's his passion, and he's sticking to it. So imagine his barely containable excitement when he came down from his nap today and saw his daddy in the backyard with a huge trash can! Outside, trash, and Daddy: his 3 favorite things in life. So he raced out there, and spent a long time just helping put the leaves in. No boy has seen greater joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment