Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

How old does this kid think he is?

This morning as we were heading out the door for church, Colsen was getting himself ready as well. Here are some of the things he asked me:


Can I take my phone to church? (Since his phone was just a folded-up baseball card, the answer was "Sure.")
Where's my iPod? ("You don't have one, sweetie")
Can I wear my Crocs? ("You don't own Crocs.")
Can I have a dog? ("Nice try".)
Can I have a cat? ("No.")
Can I have a monster? ("Ok.") He then proceeds to talk in a growly monster voice for the next few minutes.


Sometimes I think he thinks he's 26 years old, instead of 26 months old!


(Although then later at lunch, Strider tried to refer to him as a toddler and Cole said "I'm not a toddler! I'm a kid!".... so maybe he really doesn't think of himself as an adult yet... just a kid who should be surrounded by some brand-name things.)

This afternoon has been a fun time for all the kids... Strider and Pete have been outside practicing their secret football plays (with covert signals and everything) as they celebrate Super Bowl Sunday...Rayna danced and scootered...

And once we found Cole, he announced he was playing "hide-n-seek!"


In other words, this has been one of those beautiful Sunday afternoons.... so much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment