Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Conversations with Colsen

Some of the conversations we had this week:

Me: Colsen, I don't know why you don't want to help clean your room -- you're such a good worker-man!
Colsen: I AM a good worker-man, but I'm not really a picker-upper. I'm a.... Captain.


Colsen: Daddy's not going to be home until dinnertime??? But I can't wait that long!
Me: Well, I'm here -- doesn't that count for something?
Colsen: I do like you... but I want someone bigger than you, too. Someone bigger with no hair.


Me:  Cole, come talk to me.  What do you want to talk about?
Colsen:  I want to talk about... when is your birthday?  Cuz I want to give you a.... well, what do you want?
Me:  Well, I like jewelry and socks and chocolate and pictures my kids draw me...
Colsen:  Know what I'm gonna give you?  I'm gonna give you a wat-gen-chom.  Do you know what a wat-gen-chom is?  I'll tell you.  It's made out of milk.  It's kind of like eggnog!  Know what's in it?  It has milk and sugar and alllll the grains and an egg and dairy.  Does that sound good?

(What a shame my birthday is a full 10 months away.)


And this morning I overheard him in the bathroom saying....
"Someone is very dehydrating.  Am I dehyrdating?  Let me see.   (Pause while he does something)  Mom!  I'm only a litttttle deydrating!"


We love our funny boy!

1 comment: