Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Some "w's"

Some Words about our Weekend:
I know some people are in the "sandwiched" generation -- where they're caring for both their children and their aging parents.  I am thankful I am not in that generation right now... but I do feel like I'm heading into some sandwiching territory of my own.  (aside from the fact that I probably make about 750 sandwiches a year)..... 

Over the weekend Strider went out with some friends, and for the first time I found myself waiting up for him to come home until almost midnight.  I know this is the just the beginning of some late nights with him... but right now it doesn't seem quite fair since our little ones are still getting up in the middle of the night, and way too early in the morning!  Between staying up with the oldest, and getting up at o'dark-thirty with the youngest, I was feeling pretty sandwiched (especially since Pete was out of town)!

The Wild Party Wrap-Up:
The birthday party Strider went to on Friday night was for one of his swim-team buddies in the neighborhood who was turning 10.  His parents apparently told the kids that they wanted this to be a very memorable party, not to be confused with any other lame events.  I think they succeeded in this mission.  The 6 boys were gathered at 3:30 and taken to the train station so they could ride the Lynx into the city.  Then they went to the Epicenter and went bowling at Strike City.  Afterwards it was time for pizza at a particular "favorite" joint, and then they were off to a Bobcats game (for which they had "amazing" seats)!  Then, because that wasn't enough excitement, apparently, they went for a late-night run to Cold Stone for birthday treats.  Strider spent the next 48 hours bubbling pretty much non-stop about all the fun he had.

Some Wake Forest shirts!
Pete went up to my alma mater this past weekend (where he slept peacefully all night long at a nice hotel) for a conference, and ended up bringing us back some Valentine gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment