Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

More recent conversations

While Strider was getting a treat out of the pantry one day, he asked me this unanswerable question:  "Why do these little candy bars say 'Fun size?'  They're not the fun size- - KING size are the FUN size!"




Out on a walk/bike ride one evening, Rayna started to go out in the street.  This was the conversation after that:
Colsen:  Rayna, don't go in the road!
Me:  Cole, I like how you look out for your sister.
Colsen:  Yeah, and I also look out for my little brother.
Me:  You're a good looker-outer.
Colsen:  Yeah, and I like to look out for all kinds of people and make sure they don't get hurt or drown or something.  Know why?  Cuz I'm in the army.  And I have to go fight in Afghanistan for 10 days.  And I'm sad cuz you're going to miss me for a long time.



After a long, fun day, during which we had spent several hours on a field trip with many friends, and spent the whole evening with 20 other friends for another event, Rayna was getting ready for bed.  She sighed and said, "What a good day." 
"It sure was," I replied.  "What was your favorite part?"
I expected her to say something about her big adventures... but her response was:
"It rained!"



Miles was disobedient one morning (shocking!), and I walked over to him to pick take him upstairs, telling him he was going to have to go in his crib now.
He started to resist me, saying, "Don't go-in-a-crib me, Mommy! Don't go-in-a-crib me!"
(He still got go-ed-in-a-crib by me, though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment