Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Joy for Joi, Week 18

Today I have found myself singing the line, "Every blessing You pour out, I'll turn back to praise..." often.  I'm sure I miss thousands of God's blessings every day, and fail to give Him praise for many of the ones I am actually aware of, but the song presents a good goal anyway!

This week our blessings again have been many.  Here are some of the highlights, for which I give Him praise:

+  Getting the opportunity to go to a new (Moldovan) friend's apartment and teach about 10 children how to make American-style cookies (chocolate chip, of course!).  Rayna came as my trusty helper and enjoyed getting to know one of the young boys in particular.  He gave her one of his stuffed animals when we left.  :)

+  Meeting a couple of people who work for charity that may be able to help me get funding for the tuberculosis kindergarten I've been going to visit.  We are really hoping this project takes shape.... looking forward to seeing developments...

+ The policeman being merciful to us when we were driving a borrowed car the wrong way down a one-way street in the center of the city.

+ Eating lettuce from our garden!  The seeds we planted a couple of months ago actually grew.  :)

+ Re-reading the book, "Stepping Heavenward."  I loved it even more this time around, being able to relate more as I get older and go through more stages of life.

+ Experiencing a large European-Union-themed festival:



They released a lot of balloons (shown above the tower on the right, below) We have no idea what this signified since we couldn't understand the guy on stage. Then we heard there was going to be a flash mob, but we ended up leaving too early and missed it.
On the way home, though, we stopped by the famous Stefan Cel Mare statue...  Here are the boys in the Stephen The Great posture.
 They weren't very enthused since it was pretty hot by this point  :)

and

+ Some good, long conversations with a friend, a sister, a mom, and a grandmother this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment