Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

 Well, it certainly pays to be an American woman in Moldova in the springtime:  you get to have both Women's Day (in March) and Mother's Day!

Today Pete and the kids treated me to a very fancy brunch -- an egg strata, baked french toast with cherries and cherry crumb bread!
 I told Pete it was like he was on one of those cooking contest shows where they give the chefs a few key ingredients and they have to make several dishes from them.  His key ingredients seemed to be bread, eggs, and cherries!
 Everything was delicious, of course!
And, best of all, I got some sweet homemade cards from the kids and Pete, which I will treasure always.

This afternoon we rested and played, and then I spent a lot of time making Cherry Layer Bars (sticking with our key ingredient list) to take to our International Christian Fellowship meeting tonight.  I finished the last part of the recipe just in the nick of time, put them on the plate.... and then we promptly drove off without them.  Rats.

But overall, it was a very nice day.  And I'm thankful for my mom, Pete's mom and my grandmother, all of which are far away, but we were able to touch base (briefly) with them all through the power of Magic Jack.  We are blessed to have such a heritage of faithful and giving mothers!

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of you with your kiddies! So cute!

    ReplyDelete