Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Another small world story

Ok, I have to interrupt my regularly scheduled unpacking and three-ring-circus running because I just had to write this down!  I just love stories like this....


Last week John, Keiko and Sammy (my brother, sis-in-law and nephew) moved to San Diego.  I have exactly one friend who lives there, Lisa, so I thought I would contact her to see if they happened to live anywhere nearby and could maybe give them some church recommendations, etc.  I'm sure San Diego is a big place, but I thought I would try anyway.


WELL, Lisa told me she didn't live far from John and Keiko's new home, and she gave me some contact info for her church if they wanted to try her it out sometime.  I forwarded the info to Keiko, and she responded that they had actually already visited that church last Sunday!  Then she told me they had actually met a very nice woman named Lisa at the visitors' tent --  and guess who that turned out to be!  YES!  My friend Lisa had met them and showed them around, not knowing they were related to me!  (Even the fact that they both happened to be there at the same time is kind of crazy since the church has 4 services.)  As it turns out they didn't need my help getting connected with one another at all -- it had already happened!


So, to sum up, I know exactly 2 families in the San Diego area, and within 1 week, they "randomly" met each other!!  (Calculate the statistical odds on that one, Dan!)


I love how God likes to have fun with us.




(Sorry for the excessive use of exclamation points, Pete-- and everyone else.)

1 comment:

  1. No problem with the exclamation points..........didn't even notice -- surprisingly, huh?

    That is quite a story -- you should have a whole book of those by now, since that stuff has been happening to you your whole life!

    ReplyDelete