Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

Comments from the little guys


Miles has been fascinated by names lately.  He has been insisting for months now that we change his name to "Track."  I have no idea what the appeal of this "name" is... I would like to tell him it's just a word, not a name, but I suppose we don't have a leg to stand on in that argument, considering what we named him.

So, once he turns 18, there may be a Track Frank in the world.... we'll see.

Meanwhile, he's also been brainstorming names for his own children.  He told us the other day that he had come up with the best one:  "Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego."

I tried to play along and said that would be fine if he had 3 boys.  "No," he said, "That's all for the first boy.  The second son will be named Bequil."

So, soon after there is a Track Frank in the world, there may also be a ShadrachMeshachandAbednego Frank, and a Bequil Frank.  And the world will be that much more exciting.


****

Pete, Colsen and Strider all spent he morning skeet shooting with the men from our church on Saturday.  They all had a great time and Colsen can't stop talking about it.  I asked him yesterday how he would feel about actual hunting, since it would mean killing an animal.  Since he's such an animal-lover, I assumed he would have a negative answer to the question, but here is his verbatim response:

"Yes, I would love to go hunting!  We would eat it so that’s what hunting is for.  And if we didn’t hunt, there would end up being too many herbivores and the herbivores would eat all the plants, and then none of us would be around!  So hunting help keeps the ecosystem good."

Ok then.


****

Here's what Miles had to say to me in the car:


"Mom, I’m going to tell you who I like better between 2 people, ok?  It’s between you and someone else.  The someone else is my imaginary mom.  She’s not real – she’s just part of my imaginary friends.  So who I like better between you and my imaginary mom is…. my imaginary mom.  She’s just more nicer."


***

And then there was this conversation this morning:

Colsen:  Mom, can you get us a 3-D printer for Christmas??
Miles:  Yeah, because then we can just print all the presents we want!


No comments:

Post a Comment