Pages

Friday, August 31, 2018

Conference for ME!

Our consultant received the Lifetime Achievement Award
Ever since Pete started being invited to academic conferences I have been so jealous.  Who wouldn't want time away at a hotel or resort, eating food someone else made, getting to talk about ideas you're interested in??   I remember seeing a conference gathering at a nice hotel at a beach we were walking through once and thinking, "Now THAT would be awesome -- a reason to be at the beach on someone else's dime!"
Well, finally, in the year of 2018, I got to realize that dream.  My volunteer work as a board member of a new charter school got me invited to the state charter school conference -- and it happened to be at Sunset Beach!  And even better, Karin went too since she was presenting a workshop in her role as a school administrator.

So she and I drove up a little early so we could put our toes in the sand and enjoy the ocean before all of the "work" began.

It was fun seeing her present her information to the crowds!

I learned a lot, got to spend a lot of time talking about ideas with my colleagues and met people I wouldn't normally run into, so it was all a wonderful way to spend a few days.  That dream is checked off -- but I hope it's a recurring event!

No comments:

Post a Comment