Pages

Friday, December 14, 2018

Getting cultured

(And I'm not just talking about the Kombucha on my counter!)

We were able to enjoy some of the arts this season, one of the highlights being the Nutcracker!

Strider's girlfriend Sidney was Clara in the Union County Youth Ballet production so I took the twins to go see it.  (Originally I was going to take the girls, but Miles begged to go and Rayna didn't care, so we made the switch)


 Such a lovely performance!


And it was fun to know the star.  :)

Meanwhile the kids have been honing their singing skills and participated in St. Paul's Lessons and Carols service one Sunday.

Hearing them with the handbell choir was my favorite part.  I was even inspired to look up how much a set of handbells cost to see if our family could form a choir.... But then reason took over and I decided to let them first figure out how to read music in regular choir.

Colsen has continued to learn some dance moves through Cotillion and I enjoyed chaperoning his "Holly Ball" so I could see the sweet kids dance together...



And, moving down the culture scale even further..... Jinna was our sole participant in Redeemer's annual Christmas "pageant" this year.  Loved the robes!





No comments:

Post a Comment