Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Kids these days

I just picked up the kids after being gone from them for a few days.  The first thing Colsen asked after getting in the car was:

"Do you think babies are born with original sin, or are they perfect until they're old enough to sin?"

"Ummm.... I don't -" I started to answer, when Miles interrupted with:

"Augustine believed that babies were born sinful and only by the grace of God could they be saved.  People in his time believed that babies were born without original sin, but Augustine disagreed with them.  I think it was the Donatists maybe who believed that?"

"Whaaaa---??" was my intelligent response.  "How did you even know that??"

This was a conversation I was not expecting to have with my 10 and 12 year olds this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment