Pages

Friday, November 29, 2019

A Meaningful Thanksgiving

A holiday at my parents' house is always full of fun, food, football, and f-laughter (trying to stay alliterative), but this Thanksgiving had an extra depth to it.  After our big family football game and dinner, we all gathered together in the living room and from oldest to youngest we all shared something God has taught us this year.

 My mom wanted to do this as a "Stones of Remembrance" exercise, so they actually made a stone structure with rocks representing each lesson we shared.

Some of my kids and I had tried to predict ahead of time who would end up in tears -- I was the top vote-getter for that --- but I don't think any of us predicted that it would be pretty much a universal phenomenon.  It was good to see how much God has done for all of us this year. 

The first item on the list was Mom's total healing from cancer this year, and the good things and words didn't stop after that.  He is so, so good!


 And we are very thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment