Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Marriage

This weekend Pete and I traveled quickly up to PA to do some house planning, etc, so we had a lot of time in the car together.  I decided I'm going to write a book called, "My Husband Thinks I'm a Dingbat (... And He Might Be Right)."

Here is a sample of the conversations we had:

Me:  So I figured out why I've been getting such poor gas mileage when I drive this Pilot.  I usually drive in gear D3 -- I thought that was the right one.  But one of the boys pointed out to me a couple days ago that I'm really supposed to be just driving in regular "D" mode.

Pete: Oh.

Me:.....

Me finally:  You REALLY thought I would do that????  I know not to drive in gear D3! I was just kidding!!

Pete:  Oh good.

Me:  If you really thought I had been doing that, weren't you saying, "She's such an idiot!!" in your brain??  Why didn't you say something??

Pete:  I'm trying to not be so critical

Me:  SO HOW OFTEN ARE YOU THINKING THAT BUT NOT SAYING IT?????  Now I'm never going to know!!


There were some other discussions we had that made me think I had more fodder for my abovementioned book.... but then I forgot what they were.... because I probably really am a dingbat.

No comments:

Post a Comment