Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Strider says...

Over the past few months Strider has been going through a phase where he doesn't want me to tell other people about some of the things he says or does. If he says something particularly funny, and I start laughing, he quickly yells, "Don't tell anyone! And DON'T PUT IT ON THE BLOG!!!"

I remember going through a similar phase when I was younger (shortly before the phase when I wanted my parents to brag about absolutely everything I did... the phase I still haven't grown out of), so I'm trying to be understanding and compliant. I did ask him recently, though, what he would let me write about him on the blog. Here is his response:

"You can say that my name is Strider, with an "i", not a "y." And I'm Protestant. And I want a tire swing and a treehouse. And I live in Lake Park, which is located near Charlotte, in North Carolina, near South Carolina. My favorite food is Skittles, and I want to see Shrek 3."

So there you have it. That's all you get to know about Strider these days. Nah.... not really. I'm sure I'll still be able to capture a few other things to record -- things he doesn't notice me observing, and therefore doesn't forbid me to report them. :)

Here are a couple of the conversation snippets recently heard around the house, for instance:
Rayna and Strider were playing some sort of pretend game where one of them was a bandit apparently.... this is what I heard...

Rayna: Give me everything you have!
Strider: Even my faith in God??
(Rayna didn't know how to answer that one)

Colsen has been in the stage where he likes to come into a room and pick everything up off the floor and put it somewhere... a drawer, box, cupboard, wastebasket, wherever. (This would be a very helpful characteristic.... if only I could get him to put the things in the correct drawer, box, etc! ) Strider watched him walk in to the dining room with a bucket and start piling things into it, and observed, "When Colsen grows up he should Adopt a Highway since he likes picking everything up. Either that, or he should be a garbageman." Just what every mother hopes for her child. The "mother" and "brother" perspectives sure are different!

We miss Strider tonight.... he's sleeping over at Nonna's house. It's definitely quieter around here. But I'm taking advantage of this opportunity to write about him when he doesn't see me do it.... Shhhh... don't tell him you saw this!

(To take full advantage of this chance to show how cute Strider is, here is a little video I just dug out of the archives from when he had just turned 2. He wants Pete to "sit down" so he can see himself on the playback screen of the camera...)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5693218678441024651

No comments:

Post a Comment