Pages

Friday, February 8, 2008

Some of the fun parts of being a mom

.... and there are MANY!

Today while I was cleaning up from lunch, here are a few of the things I heard:

"C'mon, let's go dance!"
"Colsen got all the onions out on the floor!"
"Mom, come dance with me"
"Colsen is in the toy box...."
"Have you ever heard of Yao Ming?"
"Look at the tower we made" [out of items from the pantry]
"I ate tuna fish.... I ate tuna fish..." (this as a song that Rayna kept singing and Colsen kept clapping and dancing to)
"I crack you up, Mommy."
"Colsen, give me a hug. Look, Mom, we love each other."


And then later when we were making muffins...
Rayna: Can I put the raisins in?
Me: Yep
Rayna: I can??? Awww.. thanks! You're a spe-cial ma-ma (as she gave me a hug).

Yes, it sure is fun to be a mom... most of the time.

We had fun this week, too, as we started the Lent season. After some family discussion about how we can make this season of anticipation special (Strider suggested we not eat eggs for the whole time -- because he hates eggs), we made a paper chain with things written on each link that we can pray/read/do each night.


And we also used Martha Zimmerman's idea in Celebrating the Christian Year to make "prayer" pretzels again... it's becoming quite an annual tradition.


Yes, motherhood really is fun.... most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment