Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Strider's million dollars

For his writing assignment yesterday, Strider was told to finish this idea: "You hear the doorbell ring and when you go to the door, no one is there. But, there is package there with one million dollars in it, and a note telling you that you that the money is yours and you can spend it how ever you want, but to be generous and wise with it."
So, Strider wrote:

With the money, I did this: $800,317 to the poor, $1,000 on fruit for a
year $40,000 on a new motor home. My dad got a new job so I bought a....
[turn the page] house!!! for $141,000, and I got a couch for $1,000. $2400
on tickets* and $14,283 went to the bank.


[reprinted verbatim]


*When I asked what kind of tickets, he told me plane tickets and tickets for Dallas Cowboys games


I'm not really sure why he thinks his dad would get a new job if Strider got a million dollars -- or why we would want a motor home. He's never mentioned wanting one of those before. And I also learned I don't give this boy enough fruit! His math worked out well, but I guess we need to work some more on sentence structure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment