Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

1.5

Today marks my baby's 18-month birthday! He now moves from having his age counted in months, to the much more adult-sounding age of 1 1/2. This is such a fun stage -- it's been my favorite with all my kids -- so I thought I would make a list of some of the things I love about the Cole-Man, a.k.a Bubba, a.k.a Joey. (He gets a lot of nicknames around here)

Therefore, this will be one of those posts that won't be all that interesting to anyone besides me... but I write it so I will have record in the future....

Things I Love About Colsen at 18 Months Old

· He has 2 speeds: Fast- Forward and Sleep. (Thankfully, and not coincidentally I'm sure, he takes longer afternoon naps than either of my other kids ever did. But the rest of the time, when he's awake, he's in high-speed mode!)
· He has many STRONG opinions about things. Example: For a few weeks he went through a phase where he suddenly hated taking showers; as soon as he heard us mention that word, he would run down the stairs. And if we tried to take him in the shower, he would scream his head off the entire time. Then suddenly one day he decided he loved showers. So now he screams his head off every time we try to take him out.
· He physically is very bold. He shoots himself down slides like a maniac at the playground, does all kinds of climbing on the furniture at home, tries to skateboard on Strider's board outside, etc. And he doesn't mind sacrificing his body for the sake of a game. His favorite idea of fun is to "dance" to music by spinning around so many times that he falls into something. I could go on and on here...
· One of his new favorite words is "Try." He always wants to do whatever I or the big kids are doing. He won't let us feed him anymore -- he wants to "try." He wants to "try" when I'm gardening, when the kids are doing chores, etc. We have to physically wrestle him away from the dishwasher when the other kids are emptying the clean dishes. He really wants to help.
· He also wants to help whenever someone is using a vacuum or a dustbuster. Since we won't let him, he always runs to the closet and gets out the mop thing (in the picture to the left), to clean his own way.
· He loves to imitate anything - -but especially talking on the phone, or "going to work." (shown with Pete in picture). Anything becomes a prop for either one of these games.... Tonight his crust of bread was his "phone" and he kept handing it to me to talk to whoever was on the other end.... I ran out of things to say to Mr. Bread after awhile.
· He's very cuddly. He loves giving us hugs -- especially Rayna because she's just the right size) and he also loves doing kisses, which he does by putting his face right on ours and saying very loudly, "Mmmm-MA"
· Whenever someone comes home, he runs to the door yelling (in a very high voice) "HI! HI!! HI!" Such a happy welcomer.
· He never passes up an opportunity to identify any tree, bird (all of which he calls "geese"), dog, or trash-can that he sees. I must say, "yes, trash!" 316 times a day.

I am very, very thankful for this boy!

p.s. It is also a half-birthday for Katie and for Andrew --- Happy Half-Birthday guys! And Happy 9th Birthday to Nate too!



























No comments:

Post a Comment