Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Teacher Appreciation Day

I am very, very blessed.

Yesterday turned out to be Teacher Appreciation Day here... to my surprise! Pete and one of his friends whose wife also homeschools their children set up quite a plan to honor us. I was told to "go shopping" for the afternoon (I did not argue with that command!) and was given an envelope to open at 4:40 pm. When I finally opened it, I found the message to come to our friends' house, and when I got there, the husbands and kids were so sweet! They treated the other mother/teacher and me as quite the honored guests, and showed us what they had been working on that afternoon. They had made all kinds of banners, signs, cards, balloons, etc., telling us we were great teachers, and then the dads made us a special dinner -- and even a great carrot cake! It was so wonderful to be appreciated that way... and I am told, in very cryptic ways, that I have another gift coming this week.... something to do with a spa, I believe.

(Strider has been very good at keeping all kinds of secrets the past couple weeks... I could tell it was just about killing him, but he never breathed a word to me. Rayna, wisely, was kept in the dark about it all until it happened since her secret-keeping abilities are non-existent)

So not only do I get to do something I love to do (almost) every day -- teach my children -- but I also even get appreciated and honored for it occasionally. I am very, very blessed.


(I am giving this post a "tag" of traditions, because I hope it will become a yearly one! :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment