Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Getting a few (W)rays at the beach

We have just returned home from a really great Christmas present -- a long weekend at the beach, given by my parents. It was, needless to say, very, very fun. And now that everyone and his brother have their own blogs (quite literally in the case of my family), I can let other family members tell the story. My brother-in-law James has already posted a cool slideshow (with music and everything! so talented) here, and my sister-in-law Amy posted some great shots as well, here. (Updated: Here's my brother-in-law Graham's rendition as well...)
So, I will be (semi) brief and only include a few (relatively, anyway) pictures.


So here's the "SCENES and HEARD" for this trip...


SCENES:


And HEARD:

"Let's vote on what we're going to do tonight" (initiating an hour long process, at the end of which most of us ended up going to bed)
"No more wilds in Texas Hold 'Em!" (several of the guys, to a few of us girls)
"CAN-NON-BALL!!!" (chanted over and over by the small-fry, gleefully watching the not-so-small-fry comply)
"Ron Bell or Rob Bell? Or Ron Paul? Is he that gay model?" (confusion during the bowl game)
"I think it's Brooke Shields. I think it's Brooke Shields. I think it's Brooke Shields. I think it's..." (Dan, over and over, during the "Battle of the Sexes" game)
"It's so windy I can feel my earlobes waving" (Pete, commenting on the turbo-level winds we experienced for much of the weekend)
"Pass the bowl" (Dan trying to sound like he did in high school, while playing the "bowl game")
"Veg-able" (Dad trying to describe Mr. Potato Head during the "bowl game" -- also sounding like he did in high school)
"Big Whoop" (Dan, again channeling his junior high and high school self. Missing John.)

No comments:

Post a Comment