Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Golf

Strider just finished reading Tiger Woods' biography, so his newest plan is "If I don't get to play in the MLB --- or even if I do --- I'm gonna play in the PGA." The boy definitely dreams big!
Reading about Tiger, though, as instilled within him both awe, and some alarm. He came running downstair after reading the first few chapters saying, "Mom! Did you know Tiger was already hitting at the driving range when he was 1 1/2! We gotta get Colsen out there! And by the time he was my age, he could already hit a ball, like, 150 yards! If I had a driver, I think I could only hit it about 100 yards. And all I have is a pitching wedge, and I can only hit, like, 50 yards with that."


Then a little while later he came down again saying, "Ok, it's too late for me. Tiger started way earlier than me. But it's not too late for Colsen! I'm gonna help him get ready. Ok, first thing: we need a good nickname for Colsen (since Tiger's real name is Elrdick). Ok -- got it! Lion. We'll call him Lion Frank. Now we gotta get him out practicing!"


And sure enough, a few hours later this is what I saw...




So we'll see what happens with this brotherly duo...

Meanwhile, Strider's had his own excitement in the golf world -- at a Young Life fundraiser this week. See the semi-summary here (embellished by Uncle Graham)...



He was quite proud of his hole-in-one -- and very thankful for the sponsorship of Poppa. (He didn't win the whole contest...in order to do that he would have had to sink several 10-foot putts... but he did get one which was better than a lot of the adults there did.)



No comments:

Post a Comment