Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I just downloaded pictures from my camera, and they pretty much tell the stories...







Some school fun:





Acting out the Boston Tea Party, dressed as Mohawks (notice the tea behind them)







Attending a field trip at Latta Plantation





Learning history up-close and personally

(The pictures are not that great quality I know... I forgot my camera on the field trip so had to figure out how to use the camera on my phone... which I'm impressed I did. The field trip was quite fun -- some good hands-on crafts and activities -- although the best part was probably "getting to have lunch with Poppa afterwards!")





Some extracurricular fun





Date night!

(Terrible picture again, I know, but still it's proof that we can still act like adults sometimes.)



Pete and I finally went out on a real date this past weekend! It was a lot of fun -- especially because we saved $20 with an online coupon for McCormick and Schmick's. :) We decided we were celebrating -- not just ten-year, but the tenure process, too. (get it? the words sound the same, at least down here in the South they do...) Next week is our 10th anniversary, but I have to work that night so we won't be going on any dates then. And this past week Pete turned in a big portfolio of information to apply for tenure at his job, so he was relieved to have that done and was ready to relax.









Strider had a baseball game... (he's the batter in this pic)



... and we cheered him on... along with some other emotions.





And, a haircut.





First professional haircut!



C and Mr. Tom

While I was at work on Saturday morning, Pete rode his bike with the kids down to our neighborhood barber to have Colsen's hair cut for the first time there. Everyone loves going to see Mr. Tom, so it was a treat for everyone.



When I got home that afternoon, I went up to see Colsen in his crib just before he took his nap.



I leaned over and said, "Hey sweetie, did you get a haircut?"

Behind his pacifier he said, "Haircut. Tom did it. Scissors."

And then realizing I had just gotten home and he needed to make sure I was all set, he followed up with, "Work? Phone away! Keys away! Purse away!" I assured him I would make sure all those things were taken care of, and then he was content to let me leave so he could get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment