Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

Some weekend quotes

Here are some of the things I've heard around here lately:


Pete: I shoulda worn a hat. My hair looks terrible.

(???? Does he remember he has no hair?? When I ask him about this, he contends that he DOES have hair... it's just really, really short. But sometimes it gets just a millimeter too long, apparently, and then it looks "terrible." Whatever he says.)



Strider (out of the blue): I don't think I want Sarah Palin to be Vice-President. I mean, she'd be the first girl to be Vice-President ever, and what if she made a rule like all the boys have to wear make-up!! I would hate that. .... Although I guess since she's not really in charge of the whole country, John McCain would probably tell her "no" on that rule.



Rayna (lying on my bed): I'm soooo tired.
Me: Oh, do you want to go take a nap?
Rayna: No! I need to go to a PARTY!

(Can you say, "definition of an extrovert?")




Pete (upon getting in the car and hearing the GPS voice "Emily" start giving him directions): I've missed Emily since our New York trip.
Me: You've missed that lady??
Pete: Don't say "that lady!" She can hear you!



Rayna: Hey Bauman!
Colsen: What?
Me: Who's "Bauman?"
Colsen: Me!!

(Rayna has started calling Colsen this because she likes how he calls a vitamin a "bauman." But now apparently she's trained him so well, he actually thinks that's his name)


Strider (whispering to me while he's supposed to be listening to a sermon at church called "God's Favorite 4-Letter Word): My favorite 4-letter word is.... GOLF. No wait, it's ESPN. No wait, that's just initials....
Me: Shhhhhhhh.



Rayna (completely out of the blue): I love all my people!

(When I asked her who those people were, I was glad to hear I was on the list
)

No comments:

Post a Comment