Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

George and Dennis

I am becoming increasingly convinced that Rayna is the live version of Curious George, and Colsen is Dennis the Menace incarnate. And the 2 of them together result in Bad Ideas Squared.


(See the resemblances??)

Inevitably, when I sit down to feed Miles, or am in some other way occupied, Colsen and Rayna will silently melt away into the nether regions of our house, so I find myself yelling "Colsen and Rayna, what are you guys doing??" every few minutes throughout the day. (I think I'm starting to yell it in my sleep now)

And sometimes I'll hear back, "Nothing!" which is not good, and sometimes I'll get no response at all, which is downright terrible. And then there are the classic responses like, "Colsen is brushing his teeth with your special lotion!" or "We just got glue everywhere!"

A few days ago, George and Dennis were upstairs while I was downstairs feeding Miles, and Dennis/Colsen yelled down to me in his I-think-something's-wrong-here voice:

C: Rayna gave me that!
Me: What??
C: Rayna gave me that.
Me: She gave you what?
C: THAT!
Me: What's that?
C: THAT!!
Me (finally realizing defeat on this front): Rayna, what did you give him?
R: I gave him THIS!

Not only do these two have mischievousness mastered, but they are becoming experts in the art of being elusive.

So Rayna is Curious George, Colsen is Dennis the Menace, and Strider is Calvin, (as in Calvin and Hobbes, but that is a whole other set of tales). I wonder who Miles will turn out to be....?
Life is definitely colorful around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment